1 Study Matches
Expanding Family Foundations to 2nd-Time Parenthood - Focus Group
This focus group study, funded by Penn State's Social Science Research Institute, brings together couples with preschool-aged firstborns who are pregnant with their 2nd child or who have given birth to their 2nd child within the last 12 months. Couples will be interviewed about how they worked together as a team (as coparents) to prepare their firstborn for the birth of the second child and to prepare themselves for 2nd-time parenthood.
18 year(s) or older
Inclusion Criteria:1. Two-caregiver families, any race or ethnicity, with one or two children: a. One subgroup with one child < 6 years of age and pregnant with a 2nd child b. One subgroup with one child < 6 years of age and an infant between 1-to-12 months of age.
2. Each caregiver is over 18 years of age.
3. Caregivers are living together in the same household and are either married or living with a partner.
4. Families living independent of parents’ families of origin.
5. Both caregivers fluent in communicating in English.
Exclusion Criteria:1. One or the other caregiver cannot understand or speak English
2. Caregivers are under 18 years of age.
3. Caregivers not living together
4. Caregivers not living independently of their families of origin
5. Single-parent families with no live-in partner.
Mental & Behavioral Health, Prevention, Children's Health